Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Year Ago Today - January 4, 2011



Wow, as we were riding down the road today at work on the bus, it dawned on me. I told Scott, one year ago today I wasn't feeling too good. I had surgery for ovarian cancer. It is hard to believe that it has been a year already. God sure has been good to me. Although it has been a very hard year health wise, it has also been hard personally. But through it all God has been right there with us.

I would like to thank Dr. Pamela Soliman, her fellows, nurses and everyone that had a part in taking care of me. I am so thankful to have been able to go to MD Anderson for all my care. As many of you know that has been following my blog, I have posted many pictures of those workers.

This is one of the most recent pictures of me taken this past Sunday. My surgery was January 4 and my last chemo treatment was May 27. This is how much my hair has grown back and has come back very curly.
So again, I would like to mention to every woman out there to get your CA125 checked. The earlier they find ovarian cancer, the better it is too treat. Some only need surgery with no chemo, then there are others of us who have to go through chemo. It is just a blood test. I pray that I never have to go through cancer again.

I HATE CANCER AND WHAT IT DOES TO FAMILIES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery