Thursday, January 10, 2013

Update - 6 month check up - Jan. 10, 2013

First of all thank you for all your prayers. God has answered again. Praise the Lord! Everything is OK, my CA125 was 10.2. I am good for another 6 months. I asked when I will go to once a year and Dr. Soliman said after the 5th year after my last chemo. So this May it will be 3 years for me. I am just blessed and thankful for God's healing again. As we were driving to MD Anderson we were talking about this May will be 10 years that we have been making trips back and forth. Remembering my first appointment in May of 2003 and feeling overwhelmed and scared as to what lied ahead. So thankful for each and everyone at MD Anderson that took care of me or even just shared a word of encouragement. Again, if you know of anyone going through cancer, this is the place to go for treatment. It amazes me how people who live right here in Houston that may be going through cancer choose other options for their treatment. Also, please continue to pray for our co-workers who are going through cancer just to mention a few names for you to be praying for: Dawn, Becky, Marie, Pattie It seems everytime we turn around someone else has cancer I was thinking back when I was a child and hearing that my grandmother's sister (on my dad's side) had cancer. I don't know what kind it was but remembering thinking "I wonder if I can catch it". It use to be that when you heard the word cancer, you automatically thought of death. I remember them telling me I had cancer, and that was the furtherest thing from my mind. I am so thankful that I had the Lord to lean on and trust for my healing. We ought to thank the Lord for everyday HE gives us.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery