Saturday, August 7, 2010

More Helpful Hints - August 7, 2010

Here are somemore helps that I used during my bouts with cancer. After I lost my hair, I read in a book somewhere, I don't even remember where I read it, though it was good information.
To keep my scalp from drying out I would spray Sea Breeze mixed with water on my head. I bought a small spray bottle and mixed the Sea Breeze and water. My head never did dry out and that is pretty good since I live in Texas and it is very hot. One Saturday while out knocking doors we met a lady who was going through ovarian cancer. We had many things in common and we were able to help her. She had asked me about dry scalp and I shared with her what to do. I was having a hard time getting her to church. She was Catholic and was mad at God for her cancer. So she asked if I still had any Sea Breeze and I told her yes. If she would come to church tomorrow I would bring it. She came to church and got it. I think she came a couple of more times, but never accepted Christ, she was so mad at God. She eventually moved and we don't know if she was healed or not.
Another area of help for me was alittle catalog I picked up while at MD Anderson. It had wigs, hats, scrafs, bras, breast forms and other things that could be helpful. You can go to www.tlccatalog.org and get a free catalog or you can shop online. I bought a couple of wigs from them and at a reasonable price. The one wig I got was called a halo wig. It is a half wig that you wear with hats, which is alot cooler. Many people thought it was my hair or that the hair was attached to my hat. Anyway, check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery