Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Updates - August 17, 2010

Just received an email from Sherilyn Karamitros and here is what she said was going to be happening. "I will be starting AC chemo tomorrow. 4 cycles of AC dose dense chemo (every other week for 4 times), then I will have T chemo and Herceptin treatments weekly for 12 weeks. Then I will continue with the weekly Herceptin treatments until August of 2011. The chemo has significant side effects, but the Herceptin is a cancer blocker and not the same as chemo. It has fewer side effects. Pray that the side effects would be minimal as possible and that the chemo would be effect in killing any cancer cells that are out and about in my system."
As for my co-worker Kathy Doehring, I saw her today and she doesn't know when she will have the biopsy.
Also, please be in prayer for Connie Engleman, some of you have received an email asking for prayer. She has been given little time.
I also went today for my 3 month check up and everything was OK. Praise the Lord! My CA125 was below 7. That is a great number, for those of you who don't know what that means. Also, I haven't said anything but I have had hives off and on for a couple of months, just thought it was stress related. Today while talking to my doctor, she asked me about anything different. I told her I was taking Fish Oil and she told me to stop it. I should be able to tell within a couple of weeks, she said. So I am good for another 3 months. For those out there who are going through cancer or have in the past know, everytime you go for a check up there is that anxious feeling. Last week I heard on the news of someone who died with ovarian cancer and it just overwhelmed me. I was telling my doctor about it today and said we can't be strong all the time. It is OK to cry, feel overwhemed, sad, hurt, just don't stay there. Just let the Lord give us the strength we need, the Holy Spirit to comfort us, and thank the Father for everything.
Again, thank you all for your prayers and please pass these prayers requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery