Saturday, March 6, 2010

Half Way Done with Chemo Treatments - March 5, 2010

Reported at the Infusion Therapy center at 7:15 am. Signed in at 7:30 am when they opened. Waited 10-15 minutes to get it. Tried left arm, blew 2 veins. So they warmed up my arms and had someone else come in. One stick on the right arm, got out of there around 8-8:15 am. Got to the Main building for chemo about 8:30 am. Waited again for alittle while. Started chemo around 9 am. Because of my reaction to the chemo last time is why they moved me to the Main building for chemo and will continue to get chemo there. It takes about 45 minutes for the pre-meds.
We did get a blessing today, Scott went to the financial office to go over my bill, come to find out the insurance company made a mistake and we were overcharged about $1000.00. Also, the lady in billing office at MD Anderson is a Christian. So she suggested we wait until the insurance company gets it right before they put us on a payment plan.
First chemo drug Taxol took 3 hours then a flush and then Carbo. After only 20 minutes of Carbo and the rash broke out on my face and arms again. They stopped the chemo, started taking blood pressure every 5 minutes and gave me Benadryl and steroids again. They called Dr. Soliman. After about 30 minutes they continued the chemo but at a very slow rate (2 more hours). I would of been done at 6:15 pm. So my chemo time was from 9 am until 8:30 pm. We left the house at 6:30 am and got home about 9:15 pm. What a day!!!
While there at chemo and my rash broke out, made us think of the man a couple of rooms down from me. Poor man was just throwing up big time. Just to show you there is always someone worse off then ourselves.
So I am half way through with my chemo treatments. Next one is scheduled for March 25th, lets start praying now. Thanks again for all your prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Just found this through someone elses site. I too am in chemo. I have breast cancer and just finished my third AC treatment and have one left. My taxol will start in April. Sorry to read about your reaction to chemo! That must be so frustrating! You are so brave to post your no hair pic! I am afraid I am not that transparent! Praying you do better and can get through your next treatment. BTW, my last treatment was on March 10, next one is March 24! As our dates are so close, it will remind me to pray for you. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete


Picture before Cancer Surgery