Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Sunday, April 27, 2003 - The Journey Continues

Paula's Journal
It's Sunday, April 27, 2003. Deb set her alarm for 5:00 am to take her pills so by the time we leave for church she will be done in the bathroom. As we were getting ready Deb and I were in the bathroom and she said she doesn't like to look at herself in the mirror because she has lost so much weight and doesn't want to look "sick" before she is suppose to.

It was finally Sunday. I (Deb) was so looking forward to go to church. I told Scott I wanted us to sing (Bro. Mike, Scott and I) because I didn't know how long I would be out of church. The whole service was geared for us, the music, the specials and the message.
Everyone was alittle stand offish. They seemed afraid to talk to me because they didn't know what to say. The first song was someone needs to testify. The Holy Spirit tole me I needed to testify before we did our song. I was shaking like a leaf. I just wanted to share with the church that it was OK to talk about my cancer. We know it is serious and it wasn't going to be easy but we wanted our church family to be able to talk to us freely.
We sang "I Feel Like Traveling On" on the last verse the guys left me singing a solo. The rest of the song service was a blessing. I thought we would go through a whole box of tissue. Even Bro. Mike's message was a blessing. After the invitation they had Scott and I come forward. All the men came forward to pray and annoit me with oil. What an experience! Trusting God to do whatever He wants with me. Of course, we are praying and believing Him for my healing.
Another blessing for the day was that they took up an offering for us, it was over $1300.00. God is so good. Another month taken care of.

Paula's Journal
The poeple at their church are friendly and love Deb and Scott. They annointed Deb and that was very moving. We stayed for both services and had lunch at the church. We went home and chilled the rest of the day.

1 comment:

  1. Philippians 4:19
    But my God shall supply all your need
    according to His riches in glory by
    Christ Jesus.

    God takes care of His own!!!

    God Bless You,
    Rachelle
    www.howigaveupmybrokendreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


Picture before Cancer Surgery