Friday, January 22, 2010


January 22, 2010
First of all, I want to thank my Jesus for answering our prayers for my first chemo treatment. Also, I want to thank all my family and friends for praying for me.
This is how my day went yesterday. I had to be at MD Anderson at 11:00 am to start the day with blood work, then at 11:30 am to my doctor's appointment and then 2:00 pm for chemo. Bro. Richard from church brought my sister and I up to the hospital. What a blessing he is to us! Well, the blood area was very busy, but only one stick and unto the doctor's, which took some time. Of course, they have to wait for the blood results to see if the chemo is on. She came in, said every thing looks good so on we go. So the doctor said go to the 8th floor to the infusion center, so that is where we went. I went to the window signed in and then I started feeling alittle nervious. They called my name around 12:00, I thought oh boy we are going to get started early. So we go in and they stick me in the back of my right arm and it blows. Oops, now we have to try the left arm. She gets a vein and we are all glad, especially me. So now we have to go to the Ambulatory Treatment Center, Blue Suite, just down from where we were. I sign in and we wait, and wait, and wait. The funny thing about going to the infusion center was not on my appointment sheet, it just said go to the Ambulatory area. But I heard the doctor say infusion area so that is where I went. The good thing is she said that is where I will have to go everytime since I am a hard stick. Or I may even have to get a pic line. They called me in around 2:30 pm, so we didn't get in early. Already knowing it is at least going to take 5 hours or more. Yippee! So they get the pre-meds started around 2:50 pm. A little while after they start I begin with the restless leg stuff. I thought I was doing it on purpose but I wasn't. When they started the Benadryl I started feeling sleeping. So I told my sister we better call Scott. He was going to pick up my neice and her friend at our house and come up to the hospital. So we had to let them know where we were at. So here is a couple of pictures right after getting hooked up. The Benadryl was working as you can see.

Scott and the girls got up to the hospital around 5:30 pm. Sure was glad to see them. I was now awake and ready to eat. The chemo started around 4:15 pm. So we ate and just sat there and waited and waited and waited.
Here is a picture of me with my sister Paula and my neice Pam.

I had no problems and when it when I was done the nurse told me I had done good. We got out of there around 9:00 pm. So you can see how long these treatment days are going to be. I have 5 more chemo treatments, please pray they go as good as this one.
I didn't sleep good last night but woke up feeling great, that is considering I just had a chemo treatment. Us girls got up went to Walmart and Kroger and then home. Now it was time for my new hairdo. It will probably only last a couple of weeks. So what do you think!


  1. Lookin' good, Miss Debbie! You are on my mental Rolodex of cancer patients to pray for. Whenever any of you come to mind, I pray for everyone! Thanks for the updates.


  2. Debbie,
    SO...glad that you are feeling a bit
    better. And so sorry you have to go
    through this again. I am praying for

    Keep On Keeping On!

    God Bless You,


Picture before Cancer Surgery