Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day of Surgery

January 4, 2010
Bro. Richard came to the house at 8:00 am we had prayer and left for the hospital. Had to be there by 9 am to check in. Didn't come get me until around 11 am. The four of us just sat there waiting (Bro. Richard, my sister Paula, Scott and me). I must admit I was somewhat nervous, more so this time then last. The IV team come in start the IV and before they took me, Scott had prayer with me again. They gave me a patch for nausea and meds. That made me feel good. Last time after surgery I was so nauseated. Kissed Scott and they took me to surgery. Next thing I know I'm in recovery in ALOT of pain. No nausea but ALOT of pain. Just remember moaning it hurts, it hurts! Got to my room around 6:30 pm. Paula spent the night with me. It was helpful that my sister was able to be with me at the hospital so Scott could work. He needs to work as much as possible.

January 5, 2010
Tuesday got up for first time to sit in chair while they made my bed.

January 6, 2010
Wednesday they took foley out. My IV starts leaking out, they called the IV team to come start another. Yeah, another stick. Sometimes I feel like a pin cushion.

January 7, 2010
Thursday I walked around the floor 6 times. Paula stays at the hospital with me during the day so Scott can go to work and then he comes up after work. I got up to go to the bathroom and I felt something else leaking, my drain. So we called the nurse, which comes check and said she will call the doctor. A while later the doctor (one of Dr. Soliman's fellows) comes to check. She lays me down and says she was going to take it out. But to our surprise it was just hanging there and was no effort. Praise the Lord!
Well, during the whole week I have been handing out books to my nurses and doctors called "What's Behind Your Light" by Dr. James Wilkins. Bro. Wilkins was just at our church in December and said several people have gotted saved by reading this book. Well, Thursday night my nurse Nicole came in, I gave her a book. Alittle while later she came in and asked if I had anymore books, said another nurse out there wanted one. I said yes and told her where they were. Not long after that another nurse came in and said, "You don't know what you did, Nicole was crying as she was reading the book. She is expecting a baby and is going through some rough times. This nurse was a Christian that came in and she was just praising the Lord over and over. She said can we have prayer together, and she prayed and we were praising the Lord." It is about 11 pm and now I am wide awake and praying. I got that nurses name and phone number.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery