Monday, February 15, 2010

February 11, 2010 - 2nd Chemo Treatment


Our day started early with getting my blood work done at 7:30 am then on to my doctor's appointment at 8:00 am. Got to get a picture of Dr. Solimon with me.
Also, got some good news and some bad news. Good news she released me to go back to work, bad news Scott has to continue to stuff my open wound. After my doctor's appointment we went on to the Infusion Center to get my IV started. That went great, with only 1 stick. So now on we go to the chemo center. Which we had to wait 2 hours before we even got in. I did sleep through 3 hours of it. Some more bad news, with 15 minutes left of chemo, I started feeling hot, thinking it was a hot flash. Pam started fanning me. As she was looking at me she said my face was getting bright red, so were my ears, hands and my palms started iching. We called the nurse and she stopped the chemo. They gave me some more Benadryl and a steroid. Started checking my vitals every 5 minutes. I was a bit nervous. My blood pressure and pulse was up, oxygen down, so they gave me oxygen. Pam said they were squeezing the fluids out of the bags. Boy, did I puff up. As you will be able to see by the pictures.

Well, I am having difficulty trying to add pictures to my blog. You will be able to see pictures on my Care Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery