Saturday, February 6, 2010

Glad to Go Home

January 10, 2010
Scott is coming to get me after he gets out of church. I got up and got dressed and after I talked to Scott I went walking around the floor. The nurse came in to go over discharge papers and the prescriptions. One for ibrofin, stool softners, vicodin and injections in my abdomen for blood thinner. She said we didn't need to get all of them. I knew I had to get the injections. So I started eliminating some of them. I haven't had any pain meds since they removed the pump. So I don't need them. The nurse said if I need stool softners I could get them over the counter. So all is left is the injections. When Scott got there we talked about the meds. We had a $25 coupon for the injections, so off he went to the Pharmacy. When he comes back he is smiling. He said the total rang up to $1027.00. What! That was just for the injections. Can't imagine what it would of been with everything else. Our insurance co-pay was $135.00, Scott gives them the $25 coupon and the total rings up to $0. Yep, $0. Scott said he just smiled at the man. He knew who took care of this for us. Later I saw and elastic support in the box that I never used or took out of the box. I asked the nurse about it and she took it and said she would credit my account. Another blessing!

January 12, 2010
Called Celine(nurse at MD Anderson) to check in with her and the other nurse. She hasn't given a definite answer to Nicole's salvation. She was suppose to call me back.

January 13, 2010
Went to church Wednesday night.

January 17, 2010
Went to church got to lead a teenage girl to the Lord. Sunday evening Scott got to lead a man to the Lord after the service.

January 18, 2010
Scott had an inservice day at work. That meant he got off early and later we went up to work. Got to see some folks. When I saw Regina we hugged each other and cried. That is a another story. She is a driver and had ovarian cancer, but it was caught real early with the blood test at work and just had to have surgery no chemo. We have just bonded. After that we went to Walmart. Wow, was I tired. I had to go sit down. When I got home I took a nap.

January 26, 2010
Not a good day. Threw up.

Well, after this was the cough to remember, So I guess we are up to date so far on my journey. My niece Pam and her 2 kids are coming in Tuesday and will stay until Sunday. Thursday I go at 7:30 am for blood work, 8:00 am to doctor and 10:00 am for chemo. Just be praying it all goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Picture before Cancer Surgery