Saturday, February 20, 2010

Back To Work

As I had mentioned before, my doctor released me to go back to work. Well, Monday, February 15th was my first day back at work. I was a bit nervous but knowing Scott was right there with me to help was a real comfort. We started at 5:45 am for our first run with our elementary kids. They just kid of looked at me strange. I worn my halo wig with a cap, so I had the short hair and a hat on. Which they were not use to. I guess they figured it sounded like me, but it didn't look like me. Of course, I have lost some weight too. Our intermediate group was glad to see me, one of our boys when he saw me on the bus just came over and hugged me. Our first run was over at 8:45 - 9:00 am. We came home ate breakfast and I laid down. Our next run was at 10:30 am until 12:15. We came home had lunch and I laid down again. Our last run is at 1:30 pm until 4:30-4:45 pm. I was a bit tired. Tuesday was better but on Wednesday I was really tired again. Every day I rest whenever I get a spare minute. We have a layover at our intermediate school in the afternoon and I rest there too. Praise the Lord for all the rest times. Scott is still making sure I rest and don't do too much.
Well, today Scott couldn't stuff my wound any more. The hole is closing up and the q-tip doesn't fit. Yeah! So as you see we are making progress. My next chemo treatment is March 4. Please be in prayer for that one, that I don't have any reaction.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Picture before Cancer Surgery